Now more and more people pay more attention to the healthy life. For the healthy life, many people choose the propolis products as the daily using. Do you know what is the Propolis?
Propolis is a kind of resin collected by bees from the leaf buds and bark of gum-source plants such as poplar, birch, willow, and chestnut. It is a gelatinous substance formed by bees mixed with beeswax and glandular secretions. When bees use propolis, they are also mixed with secretions such as beeswax, which are gelatinous solids and brown (brown-green to brown-red). Temperature has an important influence on bees' rubber-gathering activities, and the bees mostly collect rubber in summer and autumn.
The Propolis is known as "purple gold", is very precious. There are only 25-34 worker bees in a swarm of bees who collect propolis full-time every day. One bee can only collect 10-30 mg at a time. The glue collected by a swarm of bees is less than 1 gram a day, only about 100 grams one year.
The ancients knew the efficacy of bee products and used propolis as an excellent substance for a long time. In ancient Egypt, there are paintings of honey collectors in mausoleums. It is said that the monks used propolis to make preservatives, and mummies used propolis to achieve preservative effects. There are also many narratives about propolis in ancient Greece and Rome.
Bees collect resin to make propolis, which is mainly used in the following aspects:
1. For a good living environment. Bees use propolis to strengthen their hives. It can not only clean and prevent corrosion, but also prevent the moisture in the nest, and create a suitable environment for larvae to develop and store honey and royal jelly.
2. It is the material basis for the birth of bee life. Before the queen bee lays eggs, bees smear propolis in the hive in advance to protect and provide nutrition.
3. It's the magic medicine for bees. Propolis contains a variety of anti-microbial and pest-resistant substances, which can help control the harm of bee colony larvae rancidity and make the bee colony flourish.
4. Natural preservative. The hive is rich in bee products, and bees can apply a layer of propolis to the carcasses of invading critters so they don't spoil. Prevent the invasion of natural enemies.
5. Natural disinfectant. The propolis produced by bees is mainly stored in the inner sides of the hive and in the crevices of the hive. It acts as a barrier to sterilize and protect the bee colony from external aggression.
6. Vascular scavenger. Propolis is a precious bee product that is very beneficial to human health. Propolis can enhance the contractility of the heart, adjust blood pressure, and have a preventive effect on high blood lipids, high cholesterol and arteriosclerosis.
7. Contains a lot of flavonoid compounds. Improve the elasticity and permeability of blood vessels, has a strong antioxidant effect, can soften blood vessels and eliminate toxins in the body.
8. Propolis is a kind of precious healthy care product. After the testing, propolis is an extremely effective natural product with high health benefits.
One of the differences between propolis and honey, royal jelly and other bee products is that propolis cannot be directly imported. Because propolis is mixed with beeswax, iron wire and other magazines during the production and harvesting process, it is easy to cause high content of heavy metals. At present, propolis can be extracted through scientific processes and made into paste and powder.
Nowadays, there are so much product models use the propolis as the raw material, such as toothpaste, mouth spray, skin care products, laundry detergent, detergent, soap etc, welcomed in the market.